Friday 11 February 2011

Frustrations

It’ so frustrating is this injury lark. I’ve not had a proper run now for 10 days. The knee feels a lot better now but it’s still not right. A couple of days ago I tried a run but only got 100 yards and had to pull up with the calf feeling sore. Today I tried again and this time got a mile and a half before the knee made itself felt again forcing me to walk home.
I suppose I’m lucky in a way as this is the first real problem in years but I don’t feel lucky. I’m seeing my yearly average slipping downwards. I’m feeling a bit like when you have a bad cold and you can’t imagine ever feeling better. Illogical as I know I will get better. With the leg problem having dragged on so long I so want it to be alright again. Surely it will soon be and I can get some miles in.
What a strange week at work. It never fails to amaze me that a public company can happily arrange for a colleague and me to turn up on site only for the operator not to turn up to let us in. Thus they end up paying my company £1200 just for the two of us to turn up and eat our sandwiches outside the gate.

6 comments:

  1. As William Penn says "No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown." remain positive and you may just turn the corner back to some decent training. good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers Bob, hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But were your sandwiches good??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Ali. Was a nice day for a picnic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! So far the two people I had tentatively planned meeting up with for a run have gotten themselves injured. Hope I'm not jinxed! Is your knee alright to walk on? No harm in doing a couple of long walks in lieu of any running seeing as of the 95 miles of WHW I expect you will probably walk at least a couple of them. I'm going to try and improve my walking efficiency in the next few months as well as working on running efficiency. Maybe this is a good opportunity to do something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol no it's not you, I must be getting old. I went to Amanda Hamiltons last Sunday and she gave my leg a good pummeling. So far I've improved steadily. Ok I had a bit of a problem yesterday but today I did a 6m hill walk from Comrie with no probs at all. Hopefully things are turning. I'll try a short run tomorrow. Once my legs sorted we will def have to get out for a run.

    ReplyDelete